Winter Wedding Cake

Friday, February 12, 2010

Some more of my favorites..

I have just under a week before I visit the orthpedic surgeon again.  He'll let me know at that point if I am ready to have my cast off.  I am really hoping so, however, I am still experiencing pain.  It doesn't seem promising.  I am able to move my fingers better at this point, so I may try to squeeze the decorating bag and get back to work with the cast still on!  We'll see what he has to say. 

For now, I'm going to post some previous cakes of various types so that I can cover some old cakes before I'm back at it.  I'll have way more to post and say at that point.  :)


These cupcakes were ordered for a bridal shower.  The customer wanted something simple that would go well with the invitation that was sent to the guests.  We decided on 2 different flavors of cupcakes with a lilac icing and a ring on top of each.  They were simple yet elegant. 


This cake was used for a bridal shower.  The bride had seen a similar cake that was made with fondant.  She doesn't like the taste/texture of fondant so she asked that I design something similar with buttercream only.  I used a regular ribbon on the top. 


This is also a bridal shower cake.  The bride was having a black, red, and white themed wedding.  Her mom have very different taste in cakes and decorations.  She ordered this cake and went withe something simple that we both knew the bride would like.  We played a little joke on the bride who called me to make sure her mom hadn't ordered something horrible.  I played along saying... "It isn't something that you would have ordered.. but it won't be horrible."  She was relieved when she arrived at the shower and saw the finished product.





This cake was for girls night at a bachelorette party!  Black icing on the bottom cake with a pink and black floral ribbon and a top tier which had pink icing and black cornelli lace. 





This is a Star Wars themed cake.  It was 2 tier and had fondant accents on all sides.  It featured Jaba The Hut, Han Solo, a Stormtrooper, Princess Leah and Darth Vader.  Several lightsabers lay about the cake on both layers. 



My Little Pony-  This cake was so delicate.  I was really happy with the finished product!  I loved the various flowers, ribbons, cornelli lace and the corresponding colors of the ponies. 


Well, my wrist is officially sore.  I'm gonna end here for the night.  Hopefully soon... I'll be back to decorating and I can share with you some new creations!  :)  Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment