Winter Wedding Cake

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This was a special order cake for a third birthday.  Using buttercream icing and fondant accents, I created this carnival big top cake.  To make this cake even more fun, they went with a funfetti cake flavor!
This cake was also for a third birthday.  The parents requested that I do a pea-pod cake with the number three.  They wanted the girls in the pea-pod to have wings and matching dresses.  Since the girls always have a pink or purple bow in their hair (or at least it seems) I incorporated that into the picture as well.  The girls were to wear white dresses with mocha and pink dots on them.  I created the little pea-pod twins and made their dresses to match.
This cake was my first attempt in making large gerbera daisies.  I had a customer who was trying to decide on whether or not to use me for her wedding.  She planned to have cupcakes with gerbera daisies on top.  I bought the materials and gave the daisies a try.  They turned out really well, and this cake seems to be quite a hit!  The customer who purchased this cake ordered it for use at a bridal shower.
These two cakes were my first attempts at working with gumpaste to make flowers for my cakes.  I was pretty excited that they turned out so well.  I'm still working to perfect them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment